Today, I am sharing with you ten random facts about me. I hope you will get to know me a little better through this post!
- I am a farm kid! I grew up on a small hobby farm in southeast Virginia. We currently breed and show Welsh Harlequin ducks and Call ducks. We also have chickens, horses, cats, and dogs.
- I’m adopted! You can’t tell because I amazingly look like my adoptive mom but I am adopted. I was adopted in 1996 with my biological brother.
- I spent four months in Yellowstone National Park! In 2013, I decided I needed a little adventure. I got myself a seasonal job in Yellowstone and spent the whole summer there. I spent some time backpacking in the wilderness. The picture above was taken in Yellowstone on a short little hike, which is why I’m wearing jeans and not my hiking gear. I had an amazing summer and it was one of the highlights of my life!
- I ride horses! I grew up riding horses and I used to compete. I was a member of the United States Pony Club and I used to travel around to rallies and compete. My specialty was in three day event (three days of competition devoted to show jumping, dressage, and cross county). I also made alternate for nationals in the quiz event (it’s like quiz bowl but for horse knowledge).
- I am in the process of enlisting in the military! I’m right smack dab in the middle of the process. I’m just waiting on some medical paperwork to go through at the moment. I’m hoping to be able to ship off this fall or winter to boot camp. I’ll keep y’all updated!
- I can read French fluently! I can read it but don’t ask me to speak it! I took five years of French in school and I love anything French. I can’t speak it well because I don’t have anyone to speak it with but I can still read the language fluently.
- I am a Christian! I thought I would include this so you really know who I am. I believe that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I grew up in a Baptist church but I believe it’s about the relationship, not the religion. I’ll talk about my faith a lot on this blog and I’ll have a scripture Sunday feature from time to time.
- I collect vintage teapots! I love collecting teapots. My mom collects them too. My most prized tea set is one from 1940s Japan. A friend’s dad was stationed in Japan after the war and he brought the tea set back. When she was cleaning out her parent’s house, she offered the tea set to me since she knew I collected tea pots. I love using this set when I have friends over for afternoon tea.
- I’m obsessed with anything mid-century modern! I love that post war, atomic age design. I think it’s so pretty and I’d love to have a house that looks like it’s from that era someday.
- I was a Sea Scout! Sea Scouts is a co-ed group run by the Boy Scouts that teaches seamanship. I loved being a Sea Scout. I had a blast and I tribute my time in the group for my love of water and all things nautical.
I hope this helped you to get to know better! Feel free to introduce yourselves in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you!